A pet superfood, pumpkin is a great addition to any dog’s or cat’s diet. With lots of fiber and vitamins, pumpkin helps support their digestion. Plus, its natural sweetness makes it an irresistible treat for any pet’s bowl.
At Yummers, we love canned pumpkin because of how easy it is to serve, plus it has a high concentration of fiber and nutrients. Compared to fresh pumpkin, canned pumpkin has more water content to help your pet stay hydrated all season long. It’s important to know that canned pumpkin and canned pumpkin pie filling are different, and you should only feed your pet plain and unsweetened canned pumpkin.
To prepare fresh pumpkin for your pet, simply remove the seeds and roast it in the oven. After it’s properly cooked, scoop out the inside and allow it to cool down. Interested in adding pumpkin to your dog’s or cat’s diet? Here’s how we like to serve it up!
For your pup
Top off their regular food with a small amount of pumpkin (1 tsp per every 10lbs of weight) or add in these delicious pumpkin treats! Here’s how we like to make them:
- Mix canned pumpkin with plain unsweetened yogurt.
- Add in Yummers skin & coat functional mix-in.
- Mix well and stuff inside a Kong toy.
- Put it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Give it to your dog for a special treat!
For your cat
- Add 1/2 -1 tsp of pumpkin to wet or dry food.
- Mix in their favorite Yummers recipe.
- Mix well and serve!